Unigroup's March '95 Meeting Announcement
- David P. Feldman
- Systems Architect with the Debt Markets Group and
- Postmaster for Merrill Lynch.
- Thursday, March 16, 1995
- Chemical Bank
- 55 Water Street, South Tower
- 13th Floor Conference Room
- 5:30 - 6:30 PM Registration
- 6:30 - 7:00 PM Unigroup Business
- 7:00 - 9:30 PM Main Presentation
Sendmail is a key program used to manage the flow of mail in
Unix-based networks. As such, it is of interest to System
Administrators and other Unix managers who are responsible for
managing this vital function.
David P. Feldman, a Systems Architect with the Debt Markets Group and
Postmaster for Merrill Lynch, will present an overview of sendmail
at this meeting. Mr. Feldman is responsible for managing a complex
network serving many thousands of users.
The following sendmail topics will be discussed:
- Using the SMTP Protocol
- Using the Sendmail Configuration File
- Understanding and Using NIS and EMail Aliases
- Enterprise-wide Considerations
- Interfacing with SMTP gateways, including BANmail, cc:mail and PROFS
- Interfacing with the Internet
- Security Considerations and How to Work with Firewalls
Deploying and managing sendmail is complex.
Don't miss this opportunity to learn from Dave's experience!